CVC Japan - Lessons from In-Between: Startups and Corporate Innovation in Silicon Valley and Tokyo on Wednesday, October 5 12:00-13:00 JST
- Theme: Lessons from In-Between: Startups and Corporate Innovation in Silicon Valley and Tokyo
- Date: Wednesday, October 5 12:00-13:00 (Japan Standard Time) | Tuesday, October 4 23:00-24:00 (Eastern Daylight Time)
- Venue: Zoom
- Language: English
- Registration: Please register at the event page below.
- Fee: Free
- Organizer: Columbia Venture Community (CVC) Japan
About this Event
The Japan Chapter of Columbia Venture Community (CVC) is pleased to invite you to a virtual session with Kenneth Jeng, a graduate of Columbia SIPA (School of International and Public Affairs). He started working as a Senior Program Manager at Moon Creative Lab, a designed-focused venture studio affiliated with Mitsui & Co., where he works to bring 0-1 ventures to life after working for a startup in Tokyo and a corporate venture advisory firm in Silicon Valley.
Topics to be covered:
- First hand experience working at a Series A startup in Tokyo, Japan
- Differences in the startup/innovation scenes between Tokyo and Silicon Valley
- Corporate venture studio model in Japan: Opportunities, challenges, and best practices
If you're interested in learning about startups and corporate innovation in Silicon Valley and Tokyo, please make sure to attend this event!
- This event will be conducted in English without Japanese translation.
- This event will occur via Zoom Webinar. The instructions to join will be sent to all registered attendees via email before the event date.
- This event is supported by Columbia University Alumni Association of Japan (CUAAJ) and Columbia Business School Club of Japan (CBSCJ)
Kenneth Jeng | Senior Program Manager at Moon Creative Lab
Kenneth Jeng (Columbia SIPA ’18) is a Senior Program Manager at Moon Creative Lab, a designed-focused venture studio affiliated with Mitsui & Co., where he works to bring 0-1 ventures to life. Prior to Moon Creative Lab, Kenneth was an Associate at Silicon Foundry – a corporate venture advisory firm – working closely with global firms including DeNA, Evonik, SK hynix and Southwest Airlines as well as Chief of Staff at Souco, a Tokyo-based Series A startup. He is also currently working on a community for international startup talent in Tokyo while moonlighting as a Venture Partner for Republic, an equity crowdfunding platform based in NYC. Kenneth has lived and worked in Bangkok, Taipei, New York, Washington, D.C. and Boston.
More about CVC Japan:
The Japan Chapter of Columbia Venture Community(CVC) is a regional chapter of Columbia Venture Community and was launched in 2020 with a mission to foster entrepreneurship and innovation in Japan. It aims to contribute to the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Japan through its activities and community.
More about CVC:
Columbia Venture Community (CVC) is a network of nearly 6,000 Columbia alumni interested in all aspects of entrepreneurship and innovation. Founded in 2006, CVC has hosted more than 480 events around the world. Today, CVC hosts multiple global programs, in-person and virtual events, and an online community for members to share resources. CVC is officially a "shared interest group" (SIG) under the Columbia Alumni Association (CAA) and works closely with the University.